They never did, and later, “Operation Hot Mother” was underway.
Gob began to prepare a magic trick for Michael’s wedding.
Why do you think that Lucille is so hard on Gob?
- I’ve always thought that Gob takes after Lucille and Michael takes after George Sr. Gob is so much like Lucille (always goes ahead and does whatever he wants, doesn’t really think about anyone else unless he can use them to his benefit, has his own ideals and standards about the world) so she can’t manipulate him as much as she does her other children. They are both very narcissistic and charming and they usually get what they want and that makes their personalities clash.
- Gob is sort of the wild card of the family, he is unpredictable and he doesn’t behave the way Lucille wants him to (Buster behaves the way Lucille wants him to for a loooong time but even he tries to break free of his mother, eventually.)
- Gob is a very sensitive and emotional person (and emotionally immature) and isn’t afraid of expressing his emotions and Lucille finds that annoying and crude which is why she rolls her eyes at people most of the time.
- Gob needs his father’s approval more than he does his mother’s and that makes Lucille not be able to control him as much as she’d like to. For example, when Michael has a problem she goes to his mother (as do Lindsay and Buster) and she does a lot of the time solve his problems, but Gob either goes to Michael for solutions or just tries desperately to impress his father.
- Lucille and George Sr. got married because she was pregnant with Gob (3x6 - The Ocean Walker) and maybe she resents him for that but I guess that’s a subject for a darker conversation.
These are some of the reasons I can think of (and I don’t think any of them mean Lucille hates Gob) if anyone else has any ideas I’d love to hear them!
I’m talking about the fact that my “friend” Lucille Austero bought our company and I think she’s going for a power grab, that bitch! […] She’d love to get at me any way she could.
Will Arnett photographed by Peter Hapak at the Variety Emmy Studio.
View the full gallery “Drama Majors – The Variety Emmy Studio Portrait Gallery” here: http://tinyurl.com/lqyvwdm
the episode when lucille sends buster away to a canadian hospital to have surgery because his jaw was clicking when he ate is my favorite thing ever it gives me so much life
"They made him stop eating after midnight and he’s hungry and he’s in a foreign land and his jaw is clicking and he’s scared."