Top 10 Arrested Development Characters [As Voted by My Followers]
Honorable Mention: Ann Paul Veal
Lindsay: I care deeply for nature.
Michael: You’re wearing ostrich-skin boots.
Lindsay: Well I don’t care about ostriches.
100 Favorite Female TV Characters (in alphabetical order): 62. Lindsay Bluth Funke (Arrested Development)
Arrested Development Cast Appreciation: Tony Hale
You are hilarious in everything you do! Are you as nice in person as I assume you are? Nicer.
I’d rather be dead in California than alive in Arizona.
— Lucille Bluth, Arrested Development
They never did, and later, “Operation Hot Mother” was underway.
Gob began to prepare a magic trick for Michael’s wedding.
Why do you think that Lucille is so hard on Gob?
- I’ve always thought that Gob takes after Lucille and Michael takes after George Sr. Gob is so much like Lucille (always goes ahead and does whatever he wants, doesn’t really think about anyone else unless he can use them to his benefit, has his own ideals and standards about the world) so she can’t manipulate him as much as she does her other children. They are both very narcissistic and charming and they usually get what they want and that makes their personalities clash.
- Gob is sort of the wild card of the family, he is unpredictable and he doesn’t behave the way Lucille wants him to (Buster behaves the way Lucille wants him to for a loooong time but even he tries to break free of his mother, eventually.)
- Gob is a very sensitive and emotional person (and emotionally immature) and isn’t afraid of expressing his emotions and Lucille finds that annoying and crude which is why she rolls her eyes at people most of the time.
- Gob needs his father’s approval more than he does his mother’s and that makes Lucille not be able to control him as much as she’d like to. For example, when Michael has a problem she goes to his mother (as do Lindsay and Buster) and she does a lot of the time solve his problems, but Gob either goes to Michael for solutions or just tries desperately to impress his father.
- Lucille and George Sr. got married because she was pregnant with Gob (3x6 - The Ocean Walker) and maybe she resents him for that but I guess that’s a subject for a darker conversation.
These are some of the reasons I can think of (and I don’t think any of them mean Lucille hates Gob) if anyone else has any ideas I’d love to hear them!
I’m talking about the fact that my “friend” Lucille Austero bought our company and I think she’s going for a power grab, that bitch! […] She’d love to get at me any way she could.